Chase Your Dreams

Chase Your Dreams

Thursday 12 May 2016

Never Give Up!

 When you have a dream and for some reason you think that you can no longer reach that dream, remember there is always a way, it might be a different direction you need to take to get to that dream, but never give up!

I thought I wouldn't be able to go back to triathlon, though I had a wonderful thought of instead of doing the run section there might be the idea to power-walk it. Though I need the all clear from my surgeon before I tackle this idea.

I call it an idea not a goal at this point, as I don't want to get my hopes to high and then land myself back to where I was when first told I wouldn't be able to run again. As much as I would love the to do another solo half Ironman event, I have to be very much aware, that I can not afford to injure my foot again, as it will only cause bigger problems in the future.


I wish I knew years ago what I know today. As cliche` as that sounds I think aspects of my life would be different, though many would be the same. I wish I could have loved triathlon as a 20 something and had more time doing such an amazing sport. I am very grateful for the times I have competed as a team member and a solo participant, with great memories and wonderful experiences. So what ever happens, I will work my way through it and come to see the reasons for what happens.

Have a great weekend when it comes...

Hayley xx

No comments:

Post a Comment