Chase Your Dreams

Chase Your Dreams

Sunday 8 May 2016

Training to start 2016/17


This week will see me stepping back up to quality training, as the past week has had set backs due to a minor car accident last weekend. Yesterday was my first proper swim session in a little while and it was good to be back into a better perspective on my swimming. Over the next couple of weeks as I start to get more sessions in per week again and slowly build back to my previous fitness levels before my first attempt to swim the Rottnest Channel.

I have realised I have lost speed over the last eight to nine weeks that I have had off from surgery and accident. So with determination and drive I will strive to rebuild and become faster again and regain the 11 seconds per 100m I have slowed down by. In order to rebuild, and as much I would like to go back to swimming  5-6 days a week, its not going to happen. I need to slowly rebuild. Form is still where is should be, its back to rebuilding the strength in my back and shoulders. Also I noticed with my swimming yesterday I need to do a bit more work on my lung capacity, so more sessions of more strokes per breath that needs to be taken while doing freestyle. Above all else with training its also a matter of staying focused on good eating habits, or I will be back to where I was the day of the swim as well, with not fueling properly before the swim, and that would have made the attempt a little harder as well. So as this week takes shape so will my swimming. With a session planned for tomorrow night for an hour.

Have an awesome week everyone...

Hayley xx

No comments:

Post a Comment