Chase Your Dreams

Chase Your Dreams

Sunday 1 May 2016

A new year of training

 With two weeks till I start back to proper swim training, I am looking forward to the time in the water to relax, clear my mind and to plan for the next eleven months of training, but not just myself, this year I am coaching more people, others who want to join in the journey of swimming across the Rottnest Channel. I will have a lovely team of four, hopefully a duo team and four of us who wish to do the solo.

For me this year training will be different. Not so much on my technique of swimming more on being able to deal with long cold swims. I am hoping to do some winter open water swims as well, to condition the body into the cold and choppy waters that we get on the channel swim. Even though this years swim was the best conditions that has been had in such a long time, there were still areas of choppy water, especially once you start getting closer to Rottnest Island. I am looking forward I guess more to next years swim, as I know what to expect and how to deal with the sea sick situations that I had and knowing I am and will be even stronger physically and mentally than this year.


The next eleven or so months will be filled with so many new and old things. From swim training to writing novels, and to working, plus family time, my days will be filled and my life fulfilled. I guess that is the simplicity of it all. Its a matter of putting things in your life that you enjoy and that make you happy. Finding the courage to chase your dreams and goals, though finding the balance to be able to not rush and enjoy the journey no matter which way it goes.

Have a wonderful week ahead and chase your dreams...

Hayley xx

No comments:

Post a Comment