Chase Your Dreams

Chase Your Dreams

Sunday 22 May 2016

Finding my swimming mojo


Over the past few weeks as much as I am trying to be positive about my swimming, its just not clicking. I feel like I really can't be bothered getting into the pool to swim laps. I feel tight and slower than pre-surgery which I know is to be expected. Plus having a small car accident three weeks ago has not helped with whiplash and a sore back. So the last couple of weeks have been hard to find motivation to go swimming and even when I am there, to do much.

So I am hoping with a new week I can get my mind in a better place and start to be more driven in the water that sinking. I guess as much as I know in my heart and mind I won't be able to run again, but maybe power walk, that I could go back to triathlon again. So with a few things running (excuse the pun) through my mind, and not having my swimming mojo, its been just a little difficult to find much drive at all. The other hard part I guess with out really taking the time to think about it, is I finished my last open water swim doing the Rottnest Channel Swim in February, and with a DNF (did not finish) due to hypothermia and I haven't been back in the ocean since, due to surgery and now weather as its cold, stormy and almost Winter. Swimming in the ocean for me, makes me feel free, light, one with the ocean so to speak, and the feeling of almost flying. I guess that is the part I miss the most, where swimming in the pool, just ins't the same.

Now its up to me to find away to pull myself out of this hole and into a better mind set for when I swim in the pool and push that bit harder and smarter.

Have an awesome week everyone...

Hayley xx

No comments:

Post a Comment