Chase Your Dreams

Chase Your Dreams

Thursday 12 November 2015

Never Stop Dreaming....

 Today I became very aware that we should never stop dreaming, even if you have a particular dream and for some reason can never make that dream come true. We can always keep that dream in our hearts, but know that we won't have it for real.

I found out today I will never run again, a love that I can never do again. I have been told many times that I have my swimming and I am very lucky to have that. Though when you still have that ounce of hope that after a surgery that something will be fixed and you will be able in time, be able to lace up your runners and hit the pavement and feel that runners feeling again. Well its not going to happen for me. I have been told no matter which way my foot surgery goes I will not be running again.

So its fifteen weeks till surgery roughly and with so much happening between now and then. With just one day to do until our 10 kilometer qualifying swim, I haven't got the nervous feel yet, and I guess that could be a good thing. Though tomorrow I will be heading to the beach early just to take some time to check the conditions which will be very similar on Saturday morning (HOT!). I guess it will be a matter of just getting in, staying with the plan and just getting the job done.

After the 10 kilometer we take a week to recover with light swims and some well deserved rest. Then as our local pool opens on Monday we head for cold water training. Our local pool is very much known for being super cold. So we can simulate the feeling of swimming in cold water and acclimatise to it as well. Also with the run on to Christmas we tend to get busier at work, so between working full time and training time should go by pretty quickly.

Come January with work still going to be busy its time to get down to long swims and consistency in the pool and in the open water for training. These are the times when the long hours in the water over a week will add up and the mind and body need to be linked so tightly that both are in sync with each other and I can get through every session and know that the day I step to the start line of the Rottnest Channel Swim I can say to myself I have done everything possible to be here and to confident that I can do the 20 kilometers from Cottesloe Beach to Rottnest Island. I will have time after to rest and relax and heal.


Have an awesome weekend when it comes. I know mine will be amazing no matter what happens.

Hayley xx






No comments:

Post a Comment