Chase Your Dreams

Chase Your Dreams

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Feeling Disconnected....

 Today has been one of frustration, emotion, and being disconnected. The past couple of day I have been running around getting the last of my Christmas shopping done. Here in Perth we have hit a bit of warm weather (40 degrees C), so the frustrations comes out more from being hot and bothered and trying to get everything done.

I have managed now to sit and relax and cool off under the air-conditioner in the study. I have my favourite music playing and just trying to chill out a bit.

I find this time of year a little unpleasant and unfortunately some people around me end up having to face my grumpy demeanor.  I have for many years built up my guard from negative conversations that I have had over certain Christmas lunches and dinners, though I just have to remember I don't have to sit through them any more and can relax and enjoy the day more than I used to.

I find that when I get into this disconnected situation I have to stop and remember that I am only human and have to face my emotions whether they are good or bad. If I can't get to the beach or into the pool, its me, my music and journalling or blogging. This time allows me to sit quietly, contemplate the lyrics to some of my favourite songs and just reconnect with myself. Life at this time of years gets so out of control with work, Christmas preparation, shopping and swim training. To have just a few hours to stop and regroup is sometimes all I need and by the next day all is good and back on track.

This is also the time people start to look forward to working out New Years Resolutions, something I don't think I have done in so long. I tend to think about things I would like to do or reach, so for me its more of a goal setting time. It can be a time of connecting with my inner self to work out what is more important to do and reach for.

Resolution: a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting,by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group.
Goals:
the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.

This is where the difference is, goals show more direction in my opinion than a resolution which to me is a statement of wanting to do something, though more times it doesn't last more than a couple of days or a month at most.

Lets make the move to connect our own dots our own way...have a great night....

Hayley xx

No comments:

Post a Comment